IT leader with expertise in systems, application software and hardware implementation, with interdepartmental cooperation. Extensive experience creating and blending technology solutions that positively impact, support and advance business operations. Specializing in leadership with creating solutions and implementing systems, programming, program development, project management, user specifications, business intelligence/analytics and user training. Firm believer in the project development cycle and documentation.
Oct 2018 – Current
Distributed Valve Division
- Project lead for Valve Certificate Package. Involved using Part Master, Inventory Part Master, Lot/Batch Receiving, Shop Order Tracking, Document Management and As-Built Structures. Full Documentation including setup, implementation and daily use created and approved by management.
- Worked with Planners and created documentation for daily and weekly processes. Documented how to use IFS MRP Action Proposals, Shop Order Availability, Shop Order Requisitions, Simulate Shop Order Material Availability, Planning Alerts, and using Shop Order status for Release, then creating the Picking Reports and Material issuance structure. Users found this method very informational and good reference for future training.
- Created custom fields on Shop Order screens which calculated the Kit Status and Lot Size Buildable for quick reference.
- Documented for Buyers on how to monitor and process Purchase Orders needing Cancellation, to be expedited and delayed. Included instructions and training for Purchase Order Line Requisitions, reviewing past use and current demands, creating Released Requisitions and how to create Purchase Order Lines by Supplier for efficiency.
- How to use Purchase Order Authorizations and Rules.
- Use of Lobbies and drill down capabilities for Buyers for Management review.
- During a mass material shortage crisis per management request , created a scheduled IAL of Shop Orders outlining all BOM materials, projected on hand that included all Demand and Supply, if short on scheduled Start date, which Purchase Order(s) would correct shortage and the Promised Delivery Date.
Agility Fuel SolutionsJune
2014 – Oct 2018
Alternative Fuel Manufacturer
Business Systems Analyst
- Assisted Operations, Purchasing, Order Entry and Quality during go live with IFS.
- Working with Finance, Quality, Inventory and Service & Warranty departments post go live.
- Labeling and Serial Number projects to aid in more efficient and accurate process, satisfying the needs of Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Shipping. Introduced the advantages of using Process Flow Charts helping all groups identify and then redesign the process.
- Administer Permissions and Security for all IFS modules.
- Instrumental in assisting Quality First Article Inspection and Part Availability Controls.
- Work with users on integrating IFS software versus using custom fields or manual reports.
- Helped Sales, Customer Care, Manufacturing and Purchasing to development interactive searches for current process status, management inquires and eliminating the need for reports.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining IAL’s, Custom Fields and Event Actions.
- Created analysis and functional reporting for Cost Center Analysis, Gross Profit Analysis, AR Aging, Backlog reporting, Shipping labels, Warranty Analysis, Mfg WIP, Mfg Order Fulfillment, Supplier Efficiency, Inventory Use Trend, Potential and Dead Stock Analysis.
- Integrated SQL Server and SharePoint list, creating user friendly interactive reporting.
- Interfaced SQ reporting from both Oracle and MS SQL.
- Designed and implemented mirror image of user data from Oracle to SQL, allowing users to create ad hoc reporting through Excel, Power Pivot and Power BI. Access granted to Data Models and Cubes. Customized Data Models for multi departmental access, allowing reporting to be consistent and separated from ERP system to lessen daily processing overhead.
- Created IT Support ticket system in SharePoint with workflow notifications.
T. Hasegawa USA.
September 1997 – June 2014
Food Flavor Manufacturer
Director of IT January 2008 – June 2014
Director of IT & Operations January 2008 – February 2014
Manager of IT September 1998 – January 2008
Sr Programmer Analyst September 1997 – September 2008
- Put in charge of Manufacturing Operations, which included Shipping/Receiving, Purchasing and Customer Service, while still in charge of IT and IT Infrastructure. Main purpose was to better utilize ERP software, Improve interdepartmental communication and procedures. During this time period, business grew between twenty to twenty-eight percent, passed BRC accreditation on first attempt, lowered inventory levels while improving on time order delivery.
- Successfully upgraded the ERP software on a low budget. Worked with software vendor to create a feasible plan. IT worked closely with all departments to develop test scripts. Then ensured user acceptance of upgrades and system stability before roll out. Coordinated with vendor for onsite assistance during go live.
- Implemented Bar Code for Cycle count, Inventory transfers, Customer Order processing and Shop Order processing. Creating accurate inventory levels, lot controlled shipments and shop order processing. Implementation for 100% shop order processing without unnecessary manufacturing delays.
- Defined MRP, with Plant Manager, Planner and Purchasing, for a custom flavor house with Just In Time orders, (JIT). System increased on time order deliveries, and exposed procedure inefficiencies. This opportunity lead to more efficient purchasing and scheduling screens, saving approximately 4 man hours per day. While business grew, on time deliveries remained high, exceeding 95 percent. Forecasted items hit 99 percent without adding personnel in operations and purchasing, yet keeping the work load lower for both departments.
- Incorporated Visio process flows, both high level overviews and detailed for process flows, for clarification of user needs. Turned these process flows into documentation for audits, process reviews, new users and consultants.
- Worked with managers and users to create and implement project sponsorship documents to assist with programming requests for a clearer understanding of definition and deliverable expectations.
- Collaborated with software vendor, Purchasing and Manufacturing, to create a resolution for purchasing department having visibility into non forecasted demands.
- Wrote a Formulator package, in collaboration with Sr Chemists, Sales, Operations, and Management, to aid with product development, reformulation, manufacturing feasibility, product costing and material procurement.
|IFS ERP Software – Apps 8 & 9||IFS Permissions & Security|
|IFS Custom Fields & Action Events||IFS Quick Reports and IAL|
|Lobbies||Business Intelligence, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS|
|SQL Server||ERP Implementation & Upgrades|
|MRP Implementation||Bar Code|
|Project Management||Software Investigation & Implementations|
|Leadership & Team Building||Budget Development & Tracking|
|Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)||Risk Assessment|
|Basic understanding of Data Migration|